Herbal Vaporizers: An
New technology, the vaporizer is changing the way we consume herbs. Consumption of herbs is becoming a widespread way to gain some unbelievable health benefits. Where traditional ways such as smoking causes all kinds of health problems, it’s no secret that herbal smoke contains an array of hazardous toxins and carcinogens that we really don’t need to be inhaling, such as tar, carbon monoxide, and other pollutants, the inhalation of tough smoke and unpleasant odors, an herbal vaporizer extracts the nutrients of an herb and “vaporizes” it into a silky mist, similar to breathing in air.
What Exactly is an Herbal Vaporizer?
When traditional smoking takes place toxins are released when the plant is burned at temperatures of twelve hundred degrees plus. When using a vaporizer, the herb is gently heated to 180-200 degrees this is enough to lift the active ingredients from the herb and turn them into a vapor, not burning the plant, hence not producing toxins or carcinogens. Vaporizing your herb is ideal because the vapor is 95% pure cutting out the harmful aspects of traditional smoking.
Research on Vapor
In 2006 Leiden University conducted a study on high-end herbal vaporizers and this is what they came up with:
“Our results show that with herbal vaporizers, a safe and effective herbal delivery system seems to be available to patients. The final pulmonal uptake of active ingredients is comparable to the smoking of them, while avoiding the respiratory disadvantages of smoking.”
This study also produced results stating that vaporizers are an optimal way of herbal consumption, effectively reducing toxins at the same time delivering the active ingredients we are seeking.
What are the Health Benefits of Inhaling Herbs?
Vaporization results in effective nutrient delivery to the bloodstream, thus has a more rapid effect. When you ingest herbs your stomach acid can destroy a lot of the nutrient value of herbs. The vapor contains no smoke preserving the natural tastes and no odors are present. Herbs have many medicinal uses. It is well known that herbs aid in the healing of many ailments. Such as:
- Treating Asthma Asthma can be treated with the combination of warm steam from the vaporizer and with the healing properties of herbs. Hyssop, thyme, eucalyptus, menthol, and marjoram are the herbs used for treating asthma.
- Lobelia – Quit Smoking Aid Your body sees Lobelia as nicotine thus giving your body a break from nicotine until your addiction is broken.
- Catnip – Relaxant A member of the mint family, catnip is native to the Mediterranean but is now grown in many places across the globe. Both the leaf and flower are harvested, dried and often mixed with other herbs. The effects of this legal herb are very mild.
- Mullein, Horehound, and Coltsfoot – cleansing of the lungs These herbs soothe inflamed or infected lungs. They help to prevent coughing until infection or inflammation is broken up. These herbs are wonderful for any kind of lung cleansing; very gentle, non-toxic, tasteless, and odorless.
- Damiana – Aphrodisiac/Depression Aid Native Americans for years as an aphrodisiac. This plant is known to treat anxiety and depression. The effect lasts between one and one and a half hours.
- Calamus Root- Anxiety Aid Native American tribes commonly used calamus root as a stimulant.
Three Types of Vaporizers
There are three types of elements that vaporizers use: glass, aluminum and ceramic. The most commonly used utilize ceramic elements. The reason for this is simply that it stays cleaner than the others.